Easy Cook Brown Rice Absorption Method
When cooking rice with the absorption method the proper quantity of water to use is based on the amount that usually can be absorbed by a specific quantity of rice.
Easy cook brown rice absorption method. Long grain rice like basmati needs to be rinsed before cooking to get rid of any excess starch and then boiled or cooked by the absorption method. Ideally the best method for cooking brown rice is the absorption method. How to cook brown rice.
Here the rice is cooked in water until you guessed it all the water is absorbed. Bring a large pot of water to boil using at least 6 cups water per 1 cup rice. The trick is to figuring out the correct amount of water.
Rinse brown rice grains with cold water place 1 cup of rice in a rice cooker bowl add 2 cups of water start cooking in the rice cooker. Give them both a try and see which method you like best. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over medium high heat.
Rinse the rice in a fine mesh colander under running water to remove excess starch. Reduce the temperature as necessary to prevent overflow but maintain a steady boil. It takes time for the water to break through the bran layer.
For whatever amount of rice you use add double the amount of water e g for 2 cups of uncooked rice use 4 cups water. Brown rice needs more water than white rice to cook and takes longer. When the rice is cooked drain well.
Pour the measured rice in a sieve and rinse under cold water until water runs clear. First the absorption method gently simmers the grains but uses more water to account for the longer cook time. Cooking rice by absorption method 1.
- Recipe On How To Cook Lobster Tails
- Salmon Head Soup Recipe Japanese
- Salmon Fish Head Soup Recipe Chinese
- Quickest Way To Cook Pork Ribs
- Rice Stick Noodles Recipe Beef
- Recipe Salmon Fish Cakes Nz
- Rice Stick Noodles
- Quick Way To Cook Poached Eggs
- Recipe For Lobster Noodles
- Recipe How To Cook Jacket Potatoes
- Salmon Fish Head Soup Benefits
- Roast Pork Belly Youtube
- Salmon Fish Head Soup
- Rice Sticks Noodles Recipe
- Quickest Way To Cook Rice
- Roast Pork Belly Gravy Recipe
- Quick Cook Pork Belly Slices
- Quickest Way To Cook Salmon Fillets
- Rice How To Cook Rice
- Quick Way To Cook Basmati Rice