How To Cook A Pork Pot Roast On The Stove
Rub well into the scores as this not only seasons the meat but helps draw out moisture producing crispy crackling.
How to cook a pork pot roast on the stove. Fill the pot with enough water to cover the roast. Partially cover the pot so steam can escape and the meat will not stew. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours and 15 minutes adding water if needed to keep the roast covered.
Adjust the heat as necessary and add a few tablespoons of water if the pot becomes dry. Heat a heavy dutch oven over medium high heat. Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
Rub the roast all over with thyme sage and salt and pepper. Add potatoes and turnips. Cover and roast in the oven for two hours.
Cook the pork for 1 to 2 hours until the meat is tender when pierced. Turn the oven down to 180 c and cook for 30 35 minutes per kg depending on how well you like your roast cooked. If the roast is over 2kg take 10 minutes off this initial crackling time.
Add the onion garlic celery basil salt and pepper. Remove the seared pork to a platter. In the same dutch oven sauté onions celery and tomato paste for about three minutes then add the pork back to the pot along with hot chicken or vegetable stock and some fresh parsley.
Add oil to pan and brown the roast on all sides. Place the roast on a wire rack inside a baking tray and cook at 240 c max 250 c conventional until the rind crackles up to 50 minutes. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180 c.
- How To Cook Sirloin Steak In The Oven Without A Cast Iron Skillet
- How To Cook Sirloin Steak In A Pan Medium Well
- How To Cook Slow Cook Pork Belly
- How To Cook Sliced Pork Belly From Costco
- How To Cook Sirloin Steak In A Pan With Butter
- How To Cook Small Frozen Lobster Tails
- How To Cook Silverside With White Vinegar
- How To Cook Skinless Salmon In A Cast Iron Skillet
- How To Cook Skinless Frankfurts
- How To Cook Slow Roasted Pork Belly
- How To Cook Smoked Pork Neck Bones On The Stove
- How To Cook Silverside White Sauce
- How To Cook Siomai In Rice Cooker
- How To Cook Smithfield Pork Tenderloin In Crock Pot
- How To Cook Silverside With Dry Ginger Ale
- How To Cook Skinny Asparagus In The Oven
- How To Cook Slices Of Smoked Salmon
- How To Cook Small Yellow Beets
- How To Cook Sinigang Na Salmon Recipe
- How To Cook Sirloin Steak In A Pan Medium Rare