How To Cook Corned Beef Joint
Step 1 rinse beef in cold water to remove surface brine.
How to cook corned beef joint. Once cooked take the meat out and scrape off any fat while it s still hot. All these classic dishes start with a tough cut of beef called a brisket. Regardless of the cooking method corned beef is best cooked over low heat.
Place into a heavy based pot and cover with cold water. Cooking corned beef in a slow cooker has all the benefits of boiling but you don t have to keep watch while. This approach accomplishes three things simultaneously.
When cooked on high for too long corned beef is likely to turn out tough and chewy rather than soft and tender. Step 3 add aromatics such as a bay leaf brown sugar onion and cloves. Boiling is the traditional way of preparing corned beef.
Does corned beef get more tender the longer it is cooked. Cut the meat into slices placing slices on a serving platter. Bring the pot to the boil and cover and simmer for 4 hours.
Reduce the heat to low cover and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes or when the beef is firm to the touch. Rub the rolled silverside joint with the beef dripping and sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper. Reduce the oven temperature to 180 c.
Remove corned beef to a cutting board and trim off the fat. Step 2 bring pot to boil remove grey foam that rises to the surface then reduce heat to a low simmer. To make the meat more tender slice corned beef across the grain with the knife running perpendicular to the lines of the meat use a slotted spoon to remove vegetables from the pot letting excess water drain.
- How To Cook Kale Spinach
- How To Cook Kale Like Collard Greens
- How To Cook Kale With Ham
- How To Cook Kale Stems
- How To Cook Kangaroo Barbecue
- How To Cook Kale Without Losing Nutrients
- How To Cook Kale On The Hob
- How To Cook Kale Chips On Stove
- How To Cook Kale On Stove
- How To Cook Kale Vegetarian
- How To Cook Kale Video
- How To Cook Kale Greens Soul Food
- How To Cook Kale Lasagna
- How To Cook Kale Chips In A Convection Oven
- How To Cook Kale Greens
- How To Cook Kale Gnocchi In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Kale Quickly
- How To Cook Kangaroo Burger Patties
- How To Cook Kale Breakfast
- How To Cook Kangaroo Mince For Dogs