How To Cook Pork Belly With Bone In
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
How to cook pork belly with bone in. Rest pork uncovered for 15 minutes. You can check the juices by piercing the meat with a skewer. Remove all packaging and place bone side down with all fat and liquid onto a baking tray.
Pat the pork belly all over with kitchen paper to dry the surface then rub with olive oil and season generously all over with salt and black pepper. Mix together 1 tbsp of the sea salt the thyme leaves and black pepper and rub thoroughly onto the meat but not the skin. Place the pork belly into a roasting dish skin side up.
Ingredients 4 kg piece of higher welfare pork belly bone in 6 bay leaves 2 tablespoons sea salt 2 tablespoons coriander seeds 2 tablespoons fennel seeds 2 tablespoons black peppercorns 4 onions 300 ml dry cider 3 tablespoons plain flour veg 4 carrots 4 potatoes 4 sticks of celery 2 bulbs of fennel. Most pork belly is presented boneless perfectly convenient for simmering into dishes such as a vietnamese kho or its chinese equivalent of red cooked pork belly or a japanese version of char siu pork. Reduce oven to 180 c 160 c fan forced and roast uncovered for a further 1 hours or until pork is tender and cooked through and rind is crisp.
Score the fat on top of the belly with a sharp knife being sure not to cut into the meat. Preheat an oven to 220ºc gas mark 7. Turn oven down to 180 c and roast for a further 1 1 2 hours or until the juices run clear.
Remove pan from oven and add 1 2 cup water around pork. The next day use a sharp knife to score the skin in 1cm intervals being careful not to go through to the meat. Put the pork belly in the fridge overnight leaving the skin exposed to dry.
Roast pork for 45 minutes or until skin is blistered and golden. Roast for 30 minutes at 220 c.
- How To Cook Venison Meatballs
- How To Cook Very Thin Asparagus Spears
- How To Cook Vietnamese Rice Sticks
- How To Cook Venison With Red Wine
- How To Cook Venison Minute Steak
- How To Cook Vienna Frankfurts
- How To Cook Venison Wellington
- How To Cook Vietnamese Rice Flakes
- How To Cook Venison Steaks Gordon Ramsay
- How To Cook Venison Pork Sausage
- How To Cook Venison Medallions
- How To Cook Venison Top Round Steak
- How To Cook Vermicelli Rice Noodles For Stir Fry
- How To Cook Venison Ribs In The Oven
- How To Cook Venison Roasting Joint
- How To Cook Venison Pork Chops
- How To Cook Vermicelli Noodles For Rice Paper Rolls
- How To Cook Venison Steak In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Venison Loin
- How To Cook Venison Roast