How To Cook Rice On Stove Asian Way
The culturally diverse region eats a variety of rice basmati rice jasmine rice multigrain rice or japonica rice and more and cooks it in different ways.
How to cook rice on stove asian way. Add double the amount of water 2 cups or 150ml water for a 75g serving plus some salt if you like. Take a quick peek to see if water is boiling otherwise do not open the lid. In a medium saucepan over medium heat bring water to a boil.
Once all the ingredients are combined cover the rice and let it simmer. When the water starts boiling and bubbles comes out of the pot reduce the heat to low. Cook for 12 15 minutes until there is no water at the bottom of the pot or you don t hear a bubbling sound from inside the pot.
Bring to a boil. If you re not sure how long to steam the rice you can try taking a quick taste to assess its texture and doneness. Cook over medium heat with a lid on.
Lower heat to a simmer. Place the rice in a saucepan with a heavy bottom and add water per the ingredients list. Place the pot over high heat and bring the rice to a boil.
Bring pan back to a simmer then lower heat and cook covered 18 minutes or until rice is. Keep the rice covered while cooking and simmer for about 10 minutes more till rice grains have puffed up to a larger size become soft and can separate when fluffed with a fork. Add the salt and butter and allow the butter to melt.
After about 12 minutes the liquid should be absorbed and the rice still al dente. Once water is boiling turn the heat to low and cook covered for 12 to 13 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed take a quick peek. To shorten the cooking time add boiling water.
- How To Cook Turkey The Day Before Christmas
- How To Cook Turkey Upside Down
- How To Cook Udon Noodles Soup
- How To Cook Turkey Wings On The Stove Top
- How To Cook Turkey Temperature
- How To Cook Two Cups Of Rice In Microwave
- How To Cook Turkey Steaks In Gravy
- How To Cook Turkey Steaks In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Turkey Tenderloin
- How To Cook Udon Noodles From Costco
- How To Cook Turkey Stuffing In A Crock Pot
- How To Cook Turkey Unstuffed
- How To Cook Turkey Tenderloin In Crock Pot
- How To Cook Two Cups Of Rice In Instant Pot
- How To Cook Udon Katakuriko Noodles
- How To Cook Ube Halaya Recipe
- How To Cook Ukoy Na Togue
- How To Cook Two Cups Of Rice On Stove
- How To Cook Turkey Upside Down In Bag
- How To Cook Turkey Wings In Ninja Foodi