How To Make Medium Rare New York Steak
Use tongs to lift your steak and place it in the pan.
How to make medium rare new york steak. If you prefer char grilled flavor or you re cooking a bone in steak take the steak outside and cook it on a preheated gas or charcoal grill. It will be warm through the middle with a hint of red and the majority of the centre pink. Don t touch the steak until it is ready to be flipped.
The outside of a medium rare steak is firm on the exterior but still soft in the middle. Your average 1 inch thick ny strip steak will take 3 minutes on each side for a medium rare steak. For well done cook 5 to 6 minutes on second side.
If you re cooking a thicker steak use our foolproof indirect heat method. For a charcoal grill move the coals to the sides. Cook the meat over the indirect heat for two to three minutes for a 1 inch steak four to five minutes for a 1 1 4 inch steak and six to seven minutes for a 1 3 4 inch steak.
Season steak with 1 2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place your seasoned ny strip steaks garlic and herbs in the hot skillet and allow the steak to cook without moving it for 3 minutes or until browned and caramelization has begun which can t start as easily if you move the steak around. A steak is cooked to medium rare when the internal temperature is 55 60 degrees celsius.
A medium rare steak should only be flipped once. Turn off the middle burner. Either way it should take about 4 to 5 minutes per side for a 1 inch steak.
If you like your steak medium add another two minutes of cooking time. For medium cook 4 to 5 minutes on second side. Heat medium cast iron skillet on medium high.
- How To Cook Dumplings On The Hob
- How To Cook Dumplings Using Microwave
- How To Cook Dumplings In A Rice Cooker
- How To Cook Egg Fried Rice Easy
- How To Cook Egg Curry With Potato
- How To Cook Egg Fried Rice Bbc
- How To Cook Edamame In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Easy Pork Belly
- How To Cook Dumplings For Soup
- How To Cook Easy Grilled Salmon On The Stove
- How To Cook Egg Noodles In Rice Cooker
- How To Cook Dumplings For Chicken And Dumplings
- How To Cook Dumplings Frozen
- How To Cook Dumplings At Home
- How To Cook Egg Noodles In Instant Pot
- How To Cook Egg Rolls In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Egg Noodles Soup
- How To Cook Dumplings With Beef Stew
- How To Cook Egg Omelette With Cheese
- How To Cook Easy Lobster Tails